Laptop recommendations, please

You can talk about anything here
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Laptop recommendations, please

Post by BROUSER »

Laptop used mainly for browsing, writing. Durability and battery life are factors. At least 15" screen, full keyboard with numbers pad. Looking hard at Lesovo Thinkpad. Like to come in under 600.00.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Laptop recommendations, please

Post by Nicotti »

I have one you can have for free. May do all that stuff. Needs an OS reinstall.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Laptop recommendations, please

Post by SubLunar »

Lenovo is my go-to brand. They have some really good convertible tablet models, too. I love my old x61t that came with a Wacom stylus. Makes for pen and paper realism when drawing or whatever else you might use a stylus for. Dell makes some good enterprise quality stuff, too, but also some garbage. I picked up a used E6520 recently with an i7 CPU and the thing is a beast. But the new E5570's are piles of shit. Dell and Lenovo are the only two brands I look for when shopping for laptops. I owned a macbook once but it was decidedly slower than my equally spec'd Lenovo and the mega glossy screen was like trying to look through a mirror, extremely distracting and especially useless for editing photos. For the most future-proof machine, I would look for nothing less than an i7 CPU and SSD drive, which can be had for pretty cheap used. Not sure what new prices look like since I never buy new.
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Laptop recommendations, please

Post by paul06660 »

Asus makes great laptops, and just about everything else computer related. Just be sure to do your research and read the reviews on Newegg.
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

As much as I'd like to have a Lenovo, looking hard at Asus because of price and options. Looking hard at this one http://a.co/9QIWRSe
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

I love Asus. I've been using one of their gaming laptops for about 1 1/2 years and it's solid as hell.

https://www.amazon.com/G750JW-17-Inch-G ... B00COQIKB4
Vegetarian
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Vegetarian »

I'm using DELL. Its a reliable one. By the way, a Lenovo Thinkpad is quite good also.
Vegetarian
Sean Goss
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Sean Goss »

slow_walker wrote:I love Asus. I've been using one of their gaming laptops for about 1 1/2 years and it's solid as hell.

https://www.amazon.com/G750JW-17-Inch-G ... B00COQIKB4
That is a nic model! I'd like to mention Razer Blade. It's powerful and lightweight.