Heavener coal mine anomaly

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

RE: Heavener coal mine anomaly

Post by MONKEYMANN »

The other theory presented by the book was that many researchers believe that they were not Vikings at all, but rather early German colonists who explored the Arkansas river and its tributaries some time after 1720...colonists who were led by a Swedish captain capable of carving runes from 2-widely separated alphabets.
wamccormick
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by wamccormick »

The stone blocks in the mine were made by people who had technology advanced far beyond the Vikings. The blocks were concrete inside and highly polished on the surfaces. Not only that, but why would the Vikings dig 2 miles deep, and how would they pump air down there? Those coal miners of the 1920s had a huge steam engine pumping air down to them.

The Vikings or whoever carved on that stone were latecomers who put their grafitti on it. By the way, I have visited that stone twice and photographed it. It sticks out of the ground at least 10 or 12 feet high. The first time I visited it, the lady at the museum told me it had been excavated to some depth, but they had not been able to find the bottom of it, but the last time I visited it, the workman who was there repairing the plumbing said it had never been excavated. It is located at the head of a steep little canyon, right down almost at the bottom of it. I have looked at the little canyon and wondered whether there may have been some huge building over that canyon at some time in the distant past. That Runestone may even be the remains of the center post that held up the roof. Perhaps that theory is a bit far out, but that rock most likely did not just happen to tumble there like that, and it is too big to handled with rawhide and several men.

W.A. McCormick
Grandson of Atlas Almon Mathis.
arkie 123
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: Heavener coal mine anomaly

Post by arkie 123 »

I used to live at Waldron Ar. The Runestone was fun place to check out. Back then, I'm 54, The rock was just sitting there. We have climbed all over it. Drank beer on top of it. If you go back to Bates Ar. and Coaldale there are mines there. The stip mines have been filled in. Several people died there in the 30s.
wamccormick
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by wamccormick »

Atlas Almon Mathis, my Grandfather, told me that in the Heavener mine, a miner's life span was either 3 years or 5 years. My memory is getting fuzzy. He had a few close calls with death in the Heavener mine. That is the reason he got out when he did and went back to farming. Do you know of any open mines in Arkansas or Oklahoma?

My brother knows some men who are mining in Alabama now, and they tell him about trees deep under the ground that are 30 or more feet in diameter that are petrified in immaculate condition.

W.A. McCormick
arkie 123
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by arkie 123 »

I don't know of any open mines in that area. Some sort of reclaim old mining land has been going on for almost 20 years. We used to swim in the strip pits at Bates Ar. They are gone now.
bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by bugo »

There are some mines in the sides of mountains south of Mena. Some of them have bars across them, not sure if all of them do or not.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Here's some more in-depth info. If this guy is telling the truth then he's investigated it from the beginning.

http://www2.privatei.com/~bartjean/chap9.htm
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
arkie 123
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by arkie 123 »

On a related note. The ghost town of Forrester Ar. Has a strange huge rock near it. I does not look like it's from this world. Looks nothing like other rocks. You can walk out on it. It has two holes thru it. and a small cave like area. I've not been there in years. I'm sure we could walk back to it. It' s called buzzard rock by the locals.

Poteau mountain is full of tales of hidden stuff. I spent years looking when younger. Bell Starr is one of stories. The north side was several caves and neat bluffs, There is a pipe has water runs out of year round, No one knows who put that pipe there. Old Old farm remaims on the southside near the peak. The bottom logs of a cabin are there. Neat waterfall in a box canyon. Remains of a stone cabin by the falls. A natural dam forms a nice place to swim by the old stage route.
It's time for road trip. Let me know.
Druakara
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Druakara »

I wish I had a better description of the 'barrel of silver' - more interested in the 'stave' marks? Can anyone explain what that means? I'm wondering if this is referring to straight lines? Could it be another alphabet (similar to runes? such as ogham? http://www.omniglot.com/writing/ogham.htm )
Rejoice for very bad things are about to happen. - Richard
arkie 123
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by arkie 123 »

A stave is a cut of hard wood. Used to make barrels. They are the long pieces that go from top to bottom. Does that help?
Druakara
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Druakara »

yup, that makes sense to me.
Rejoice for very bad things are about to happen. - Richard
wamccormick
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by wamccormick »

The staves I have seen were narrower on each end than in the middle. The edges (sides) were cut on a slope (angle, not at 90 degrees). These staves had a groove cut in them near the top, one about the middle, and one at the bottom. There may have been more grooves for large barrels. When the staves were put together in a circle, a band of steel was placed in each groove and bound tightly, the grooves and bands of steel being on the outside of the barrel. Each stave also had a groove on the inside of the barrel at the bottom to receive boards for a bottom. I have forgotten exactly how the top was secured if the barrel was to be opened frequently. The finished barrel had a wider middle that the top or bottom. You can still see pictures of such barrels in literature on whiskey manufacturing, and you can buy such half barrels at lawn and garden places. I do not know the exact configuration of the barrel of silver.

W.A. McCormick
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Or you can go to Lebanon, Mo to the barrel making factory and take a tour. Company I work for hauls the barrels made there to various whiskey distilling companies in KY and TN.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: RE: Heavener coal mine anomaly

Post by Nicotti »

wamccormick wrote: I have forgotten exactly how the top was secured if the barrel was to be opened frequently.
That would be the "bung hole" that is drilled in the side and is then corked with a wooden stopper, least that's how winerys do it.

Sheesh, don't you people watch the discovery channel. :P :) Dirty Jobs rules! :D
BROUSER wrote:Or you can go to Lebanon, Mo to the barrel making factory and take a tour.
Exit 129, north side of the highway... Independent Stave
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

you know i was thinking the same thing ole Mike rowe did a great job explaining the barrel making process
There is a small barrell plant by me I have cut and hauled "Staves bolts" to this mill it is kinds neat to watch them make barrels it really is a fast process as long as you knwo what you are doing
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead