Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

You can talk about anything here
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by crazydrummerdude »

I walked over to starbucks with my coworker today, and there was a booth outside for some unknown charity raising money. The lady approached my coworker and he said something like, "no thanks, not today." She had some comment under her breath.

After we got our drinks, we went back out and walked past the booth. A different lady working there just simply genuinely said, "have a nice day." The original lady looked up and saw us and said, "OH, THEY'RE HAVING A NICE DAY. A REAL NICE DAY. THEY'RE HAVING A GREAT DAY. GOOD DAY! GOOD DAY FOR YOU!" She got up and started following us across the patio, still saying, "THEY'RE HAVING SUCH A GOOD DAY BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T DONATE. WHAT A GREAT DAY. MM, YEAH, A GREAT DAY.. NOT DONATING"

I turned around, keeping an eye on her as she was following us, and finally said, "god damn! shut the FUCK up!" She stopped walking but kept saying, "good day, great day." as we walked away.

WTF was that all about?
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

crazydrummerdude wrote: WTF was that all about?
Entitled self-righteous assholes that think everyone owes them something.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

There's a hard-headed, backstabbing, lying, dumbass at work who gets by because everyone else picks up his slack. I'm done doing his work for him. I've been calling him out repeatedly, daily, for his dumbfuckery. If it's a big email to 20 people where he says something dumb or wrong, I reply all and correct everything he screwed up, making him look as stupid as he is.

I know it bothers him. I think he wants to cry. I don't give a fuck.

Today he sat down and looked over at me,
"Hey, can we talk."
"Sure."
"Well, it's... personal."
"......"
"I was wanting to talk in private."
"Oh. Then, no."

Then he logged off and walked away. Fuck you, bitch.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by SubLunar »

Hell yeah.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

This makes me mad:

Preservation over plunder.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Busy intersection. Can't move. Light literally cycles through twice with no movement and I'm only second in line.

Why?

Taxi dick heads are parked right on the corner next to a bar, blocking all flow of traffic. They're just sitting, waiting for anyone who needs them. Finally, someone gets in the lead taxi. I guess they gave the signal to the others and they all scoot up bumper to bumper. Light turns green and there's a mad rush to be able to actually go now that the front taxi is pulling out. One car makes it before the next taxi in line swoops in and parks on the corner.

Now I'm next to him. He steps out of his car to stand there asking if anyone needs a ride. He looks at me. I look at him. I show him my middle finger. He gets pissed off and starts yelling something. I roll my window down to hear. He walks up and yells, "you got something to day, huh? Say it to my face." I just kept my finger up and cut him off at the next green while he yelled something at the people on the sidewalk.

Total dick head.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Email I just sent:

aka "That Guy"
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

That's well fucking worded!
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

I'm mad today because weddings and deaths and illness and expenses and flooding and a bunch of other crap has kept me from exploring for the past 2 months! Things are finally starting to settle, and my schedule is opening back up...

I'm also mad because the little icons below my posts no longer work in some browsers when you click 'em. RIP Flash
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

"according to Wahhabi Islam - which governs Saudi Arabia - it is not wrong or a sin for a Muslim to kill a non-Muslim"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ctims.html

Just let that sink in.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/
The Daily Mail is a British daily middle-market tabloid newspaper owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust and published in London. Has a strong conservative bias and has a poor track record with fact checkers.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I was aware of some bias, which all media outlets have to one side or the other. But the situation occurred regardless of who reported it. I did a fair amount of checking before posting that link.

The rest of the research I did makes it clear that it's very hard to distinguish from the branches of Islam who don't want to kill us and the ones who do.

Moral of the story is that I trust religious people less than I trust my cats.

And as far as religions go, the insane and barbaric nature of a significant portion of Islam, which is at odds with a civilized society, ranks it at the bottom of my list right under Catholicism.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I looked for other sources for the quote. The only ones I could find were from sources that make the Daily Mail look like CNN. The incident may have occurred, but it may also have been a non-incident. The "moment of silence" is just not part of their culture. That same kind of anger being expressed is just like the whole Starbucks Christmas cup anger. The angry people chose to be angry and found something to zero in on. We might as well get angry at the Saudi team for not eating bacon with their eggs. All that being said, yeah, certain sects of the Muslim faith are brutal. Just like certain sects of Christianity are brutal or ignorant. But others are not.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

BROUSER wrote: The "moment of silence" is just not part of their culture.
Wrong. If you bothered to look into this, you'd see that they have in fact expressed moments of silence, even at soccer games. Once when King Abdullah died, or whatever name was, and on several other occasions, as even a brief search into the issue will reveal.

This was a blatant/purposeful disrespectful act. They were notified/asked in advance and they chose not to do so.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

BROUSER wrote: The only ones I could find were from sources that make the Daily Mail look like CNN.
And CNN is biased to the left. And MSN is biased to the right.
BROUSER wrote: The angry people chose to be angry and found something to zero in on.
You do a lot of projecting/assuming of other people's motives. I wasn't angry until this news story showed up.

I have little tolerance for people who side with those who murder/abuse innocents and hide behind their freedom of religion. For this reason I have become less and less tolerant of organized religions as I've grown old and grumpy.

According to a significant portion of Islamist teaching, anyone who is a non-believer is not innocent. It is truly mind boggling that this belief is not only so widespread but so tolerated.

Oh and the guy who was quoted in that article, btw, is an Imam who is known for his criticisms of Islam. He is a controversial figure in Australia and is currently in hiding for threats of beheading against him. Considering he has spent considerable time studying his religion I think it's safe to assume he knows what he's talking about.

PS, check the wikipedia article on Saudi Arabia. "Disbelief in God is a capital offense in the kingdom.[35] Traditionally, influential conservative clerics have used the label ‘atheist’ to apply not to those who profess to believe that God does not exist, but to "those who question their strict interpretations of Islamic scriptures or express doubts about" Wahhabism."