armour

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
thechariot
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

armour

Post by thechariot »

id like to start a thread on each place and have members post their fav pics of the places we often go. your own pics please...

here are my favs from armour.

its YOUR turn.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

RE: armour

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Gosh. I love that De La Vergne engine in the main room.
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

Post by graffitifetish »

SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Machinist
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Machinist »

Armour is the best UE in the St. Louis area.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: armour

Post by ropingk »

you mean better than the chrysler plant 8)
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
b
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by b »

I've only been to Armour once (still pretty new) and right as we reached the building some folks who had seen us where over and threatening to call the cops. I think we were spotted when we pulled up which leads me to my question...Where do you park when you go there? We were on the main street which didn't provide any cover. Every other places I've gone UE-ing I've just parked in residential/retail areas near by and walked over but this one is about isolated. Any tips?
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

b wrote:Where do you park when you go there?
Same here. We parked right up next to it and upon leaving were approached by what I thought was a crazy homeless dude. What I did understand of the gibberish he mumbled was that he was some kind of security.

The rest of the conversation went as follows:"I told you last time you're not supposed to be here." "We've never been here before." "Blargle blah blippity...red jeep mustang I'm gonna flip it over bliggity blah bobcat red mustang jeep flipitty blah!" "Oh. Ok. Bye."
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: armour

SubLunar wrote:The rest of the conversation went as follows:
Once on the roof, I looked down and saw a big brand new truck next to SubLunar's. We were busted. So, after some deliberating, we went down to the confrontation. As we get down there, a stupid Illinios stockyards security moron comes up to us, and targets me. During the following conversation, SubLunar and Matt both took off towards SubLunars vehicle, leaving me to 'deal' with the guy.
"What are you doing here?"
"Just taking pictures."
"Of what?!"
"Uh.." I turn around, and look at a huge abandoned factory behind me, "the factory."
"Are you the same kids I caught before and.."
"No."
"Well, I'll tell you AGAIN!" [I will now translate him the best I can for you.] "If I catch you here 1 more time, I'm going to get the cops.. and they have better things to do. If I catch you here 2 more times, I am going to get my mustang red Jeep and flip it over. [bunch of random, pissed off jibberish]"
".......Oooook."
I have no idea what he was talking about, but he started swinging whatever stick/thick cable he had in his hand. I got in SubLunar's vehicle and thought the guy was going to have a seat in my lap. I closed the door and locked it. The guy was right outside my window. SubLunar started it, and started to roll down his windows. I was like "What the fuck?!" and tried to roll up the window but apparently the drivers side button has superiority or some shit, so now this crazy asshole has the perfect opportunity to just punch/stab me in the face before we take off... but thankfully didn't.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

Used to park in the complex itself before that damned telephone pole was laying across that path.

Don't really even feel comfortable going there parking in the street now. It's obvious if you're parked there that you're in the plant.

Never been caught there.
tunajive
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by tunajive »

Of course it is getting increasingly dangerous there (not that it was ever "safe") so I wonder if that's why they all the sudden have beefed security. It has been a year or two since I've been there but I've never seen security...a couple of bums stacking bricks on pallets but never guards. And if I remember right last time I was there MM put his leg through the brick floor and damn near fell through it. :shock:
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

Post by memory_machine »

Yeah, but I looked cool doing it. 8)
zippyelf
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by zippyelf »

We parked in front of that Union building on the other side of the stockyards and walked down the street.

I've never been harassed by anyone there, but I've definately seen recent evidence of scrapping, etc when I have gone.

What has happened there that's it's getting more dangerous? (Besides the fact that it's ESTL) I haven't done any east side exploring in a long time.
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

u kids need federal id's . it takes care of everything but ya wev never had problems there - just go early sundays or something there is no one around there ...
MY COUCH PULLS OUT BUT I DONT
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

I wouldn't show any ID to someone who approached me while I was exploring.