Rolla, MO??

Urban exploration in Missouri
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Rolla, MO??

Post by Nicotti »

I think a Frisco line used to go through Lebanon too.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:I also like Tbell, and if you don't like tbell then go away, asshole.
+1
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Rolla, MO??

Post by SubLunar »

Iberia Academy is about an hour drive from Rolla. Also, did you guys ever check up on any of those locations I linked on page 18?

http://goo.gl/maps/6OxGx
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

I think we determined that the spots you marked as farms were active, but I don't think we've checked out that potential factory yet. That Academy looks neat.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

mindwaave wrote:Went to the AT&T store yesterday and passed what appeared to be an old shopping center, now devoid of life and business.
ropingk wrote:that kid of looks like the old Hillcrest shoping center at one time it was a cool place and all the stores were full the last know resident I think was NAPA i hear they were going to tear it down and rebuild?? why who know i guess just beacuse
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

the building us pretty much unchabged its been so many diffrent things and now the complete row is scheduled to be torn down to make way for-??? mor collage crap i guess since they own like 98% of rolla oh well time marches on
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

1.25 hours from Rolla, an old church and bank.

(20 minutes from Iberia Academy, linked above. )

http://goo.gl/maps/ZOQhz
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Re: RE: Rolla, MO??

Post by lolabelle »

SubLunar wrote:1.25 hours from Rolla, an old church and bank.

(20 minutes from Iberia Academy, linked above. )

http://goo.gl/maps/ZOQhz
thats cool. check it out any closer than from the road?
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I was just informed that church has collapsed.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

mindwaave wrote: Image
Story time!

It's 1 am. Friend and I are on bikes and decide to explore this place.

We park the bikes along a loading area on the side and walk around back, casing the joint.

After joint casing, we return to bikes to find some husky stoner dude and his burn out chick sitting there. He said they almost took the bikes. Nice guys. They then ask what we're doing, we say we're going to explore, they offer to be our tour guides. Why not?

Dude shows us through the building. It's pretty boring, wide empty commercial spaces. We come to a back room, where there's damp crumbled drywall on the molding carpet. On top of it is a mattress of blankets and a pillow. Guy points out that he put those there. "We're gunna fuck," he says, motioning towards his woman in tow. Classy, classy characters. I, now wanting to gtfo, say "Don't let us cockblock you dude, we'll head out."

He says no wait there's one more room. Opens a door and initially it looks like a hallway so we go in, but realize it's just a utility closet. He then stands in the doorway and starts talking illuminati shit. At this point he's between be and my only way out. I am not pleased, fight or flight kicking in, and it can't be flight. He then starts telling us about how he's a vampire. "No seriously, I love the taste of blood. Looks at the bite mark right here on my neck!" I look, there's nothing there.

"Holy shit a huge spider!" my buddy yells. I look, knowing there's no spider but I play along. "Yeah holy shit that's a big one.

Guy in the doorway freaks out. "What? I hate spiders!" He takes off. We take off. He meets us back at our bikes and has us chuck a couple long fluorescent tubes across the parking lot before we evacuate like a Taco Bell turd out of a spastic colon.

FIN
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Haha
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: RE: Rolla, MO??

Post by mindwaave »

SubLunar wrote:Iberia Academy
Panic! and I checked this place out today. The other buildings, which included a dormitory or a gym or something, were demolished when a nearby Dollar General was built, according to a guy we ran-into there. He told us that he wasn't a local, and thus didn't know much about the building, but that he'd gotten permission from the mayor to use his metal detector on the property, which was what we found him doing.

The building itself is easy to get into, but we decided against entering in broad daylight with that guy within eyeshot. Lots of old-looking junk and trinkety stuff inside the basement windows, as the previous owner apparently ran a flea market out of the place for a while before the city reclaimed the property. The next time I'm in the area, I'll give getting inside another shot.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

I've seen Mechy, thebrokanarchist, StLouisGlobetrotter, and Pinballwiz say before that they're from the Rolla/S&T area... So where ya'll at? Have any of you guys gotten into anything cool so far? I could plan a trip to Rolla sometime if there's enough interest.
Eagle90
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Eagle90 »

I'm in Rolla but I do any UE.

If you're familiar with Rolla, the old Autozone building or whatever it was on the south side of 72 Hwy that had all the junk in the back 40 has been cleaned up. All the junk is gone and it looks like they've started dismantling the building from the backside. If anyone's interested.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

It's been a while since I've been down 63, but is that Jeep/deuce and a half collection still there?

I've been wanting to just offer a few grand for a few of them, but I hear the old guy doesn't want to sell.

I was under the impression he was tied to the junk behind Autozone, too.. hence why I ask.