"The Capitol" Monastery in Coffman, Mo ?

Urban exploration in Missouri
Snoopy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: "The Capitol" Monastery in Coffman, Mo ?

Post by Snoopy »

I wonder if all of them were built by the same builder or at least owned by the same entity. Might be able to dig up records with that information. Probably could cross reference owners in different counties GIS systems.
constany
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: "The Capitol" Monastery in Coffman, Mo ?

Post by constany »

i'll look that up when i get my data back for my internet. awesome idea!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

The entity has changed names over the years. Also, you'd need to have an idea what locations to search for GIS data. They're a slippery group.
constany
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by constany »

well i dont remember the whole name to it but i do remember the maharishi part. and ive looked up a lil and found some stuff. just gonna keep looking before i post anything.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I've spent a considerable amount of time researching these people and haven't yet located any sort of master list of construction or proposed construction of their "capitols of the age of enlightenment", which is what they called these buildings. Wikipedia is about the only good source out there on the organization iteself, which has undergone various name changes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcend ... orporation

But if you can find additional information to aid in our search, it's always appreciated.
Snoopy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: "The Capitol" Monastery in Coffman, Mo ?

Post by Snoopy »

Hmmm. Its hard to catch people that change names like that lol but not impossible fortunately. I hope there are some more floating out there in the general area!