Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

your new uber sweet gear
View previous topic | View next topic  
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Locations: NWA
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

awesome. where'd you get the grappling hook?

I have a 15 mil CP cyclops as primary, and a cheap garrity as back up (or when the cyclops isn't necessary), and the dorcy as a second backup.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Locations: The 918 Area

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

GlassCurtain wrote:
awesome. where'd you get the grappling hook?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/DBA280-1.html

I love this site, also great for buying ammo and gun parts.

CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

I haven't bought it yet, but I'm going to get a PT Apex pretty soon. Have to wait for my student loan money to come in.
SubLunar
insert name here
insert name here

Locations: St. Louis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

my sweet garden hose.

LUNITECH
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: SPRINGFIELD,MO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

Ya i'm a electronics freak,i love technology.Nice light i could use one of those,hell i even built a robot for my need's, here some pics,the best i could do,for what i had.

http://lunitech.webs.com/robotics.htm Twisted Evil
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Locations: The Four States

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

I've got two of the 6P's. They are nice. They are the old style and lower lumens, but I put a 60 or 80 lumens kit (I forget which) in one of them and it makes quite a difference. I'm a flashlight fanatic.
SubLunar
insert name here
insert name here

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

I usually don't bring a tripod (because it was a broken pos), but now I got a Manfrotto 785b and it's sweet. To tighten the head in any direction you just pull the trigger. I likes it.

adub3n
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

Nice looking tripod Sublunar! I have a pistol grip head on mine, and I really like it. My only complaint is that mine doesn't rotate vertically without a little coercion.

I don't mean it in a bad way, but I'm not yet a flashlight dork. I have a little LED that works and it fits in my pocket, and doesn't draw much unnecessary attention or heat small celestial bodies.

My sweet new gear was the Underarmor cold weather shirt I got for Christmas. Really kept me pretty comfortable on the last trip out in the 17.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Locations: NWA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

adub3n wrote:
My sweet new gear was the Underarmor cold weather shirt I got for Christmas. Really kept me pretty comfortable on the last trip out in the 17.

Wow I had to look up underarmor. I had no idea what it was. It beats the shit out of my old Polypro (Polypropylene) shirts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

Wow I had to look up AnderArmor. I had no idea what it was. It beats the shit out of my old Polypro (Polypropylene) shirts.[/quote]

not really different for insulating than lots of cheaper stuff. Under Armor is just trendy bullshit....they make sunglasses, and baseball caps, and Capture Scent Technology so you don't smell bad in case you run out of Under Armor deodorant and/or cologne..The shit costs way too much. I made the mistake of buying some UA long undies a few years ago. I never wear it. I hate the shit.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

My shooting team teammates all got underarmor jackets. I didn't waste $100 on a fucking swooshy windbreaker to match them.

If ever own something that says "moisture wicking," kill me.
adub3n
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

Wow ... my bad guys. Let's go back to talking about flashlights. I didn't realize there were such strong opinions on Underarmor. FWIW I got it as a gift and it did keep me warm. Whether or not it kept me as warm as a $10 cotton thermal (or polypro) would have is uncertain. I think they issue polypro in the military. When it comes to "moisture wicking" you can take it or leave it, but if you sweat all day in cotton clothes, particularly socks, you would appreciate some clothes you can wash off in a creek and hang up for a few minutes vs, all night for cotton. A standard Wal Mart polyester "qwik-dry" type shirt probably would work just as well as Underarmor for 1/2 to 1/3 the price but be just as functional.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

adub3n wrote:
I think they issue polypro in the military.
Yeah good stuff too. I was in SF years back, and was issued some really great polypro undies and waterproof GorTex coat and coveralls. I rode from Seattle to New Orleans in the dead of winter on a motorcycle, and that shit kept me toasty and dry.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

adub3n wrote:
Wow ... my bad guys.

Haha, nothing personal.
activeshooter
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: RE: your new uber sweet gear Reply with quote

CaveGirl wrote:
I haven't bought it yet, but I'm going to get a PT Apex pretty soon. Have to wait f or my student loan money to come in.
heck of a choice pt customer support is awesome but check out fenix hp10 hell of a hl for the bread, ps are you with a grotto?

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4