Piquet Cave in Pulaski County, around Waynesville

Urban exploration in Missouri
unsunganything
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Piquet Cave in Pulaski County, around Waynesville

Post by unsunganything »

Has anyone ever heard of this cave. It's the 135th longest cave in the US at around 5 miles long. Just wondering if anyone has ever been in this cave or heard anything about it. Sounds like a really cool cave. Thanks for any info.
"Repent Kingdom, the end is near and it wont be silent" -The Chariot
agnstthgrn
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Piquet Cave in Pulaski County, around Waynesville

Post by agnstthgrn »

Yep, I know exactly where this cave is. It's just outside of a town called Dixon, Mo. I grew up hearing about it, it has a natural lake outside of it that water flowing out of the cave has created. You can sit on the gravel road in front of this lake, with the cave in the background, and on the hottest summer day feel the cool breeze coming out of the massive opening to the cave. It's off limit's now, because of an endangered species of bat that lives in it. However, it's on a road named "cave rd." just outside of Dixon, Mo. in fact if you look on google maps around Dixon, and see where Cave Rd. and Crocker Rd. meet, it's just north of there, you can see the lake that sits in front of it. Good luck!!!!
Nut
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Nut »

Yeah its just down the road from my house, near N highway between Dixon & Crocker. It's on private property (owner is Lillian Massey) and they live right next to the cave... you gotta get permission to go in because there is a big locked grating over mouth of the cave
Nut
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Nut »

Yeah its just down the road from my house, near N highway between Dixon & Crocker. It's on private property (owner is Lillian Massey) and they live right next to the cave... you gotta get permission to go in because there is a big locked grating over mouth of the cave
Nut
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Nut »

But I've been in it years ago before new owners bought it and put up gate... snuck in and went back about a mile and 1/2 it's pretty badass