Train Hopping

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: RE: Train Hopping

Post by CaveGirl »

railroadpunk wrote:Since Homeland Security, train hopping has become close to impossible. Infrared is used quite a bit around most rail yards to detect warm spots for bodies. However, hopping freights on secondary railroads is more possible away from major cities.
Really? That blows for all the hobos who hop on the trains :lol: . And for all the explorers, too, of course.

Like I said earlier, trains freak me out because I've lost several people I know to trains. None of them were train jumping, though. I only did it once and not for very far and it was kind of a rush. I'd probably do it again if someone drugged me up with some good shit without me knowing :D. Otherwise it's never going to happen. My husband and father-in-law used to jump trains and ride them down the tracks to other towns. I've always thought that was cool but I'm too chicken to do it, especially now that you said that about Homeland Security. Those bastards ruin everything.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

RE: Train Hopping

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

HS has made some activities more difficult, but RRpunk is right about it being a lot easier away from big cities. I've caught trains easily way outside of town but on sharp curve where the train has to slow down enough to catch one, and out in nowhere enough where isn't a railroad bull waiting to snag me.

Those guys in that link that inspired this thread were insane in a cool way. Not in the hack you up with a chainsaw way but in a way that the serious UEer is crazy.

Also I don't recommend train hopping while drugged on anything. Theres just something about that scenario that doesn't scream "Yes, I am a safe activity!"
Get rid of the drugs and I see nothing wrong with the situation.
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by CaveGirl »

Yeah, I agree that would be stupid. My point was, that's the only way someone's going to get me to do it. I don't do drugs at all these days so if somebody slipped me something it would REALLY fuck me up. I'm afraid of trains so it would take something like to get me train hopping.

I'm laughing my ass off about the DRUGS being the part of train hopping that screams not a safe activity. Never mind the big ass hunk of metal you're jumping on and the fact that it can kill you in an instant if you fall off the wrong way :lol: . Trains scare the hell out of me.
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

I am not afraid of trains but I have respect for them and their rights of way.

I mean, after all, that in an instant they can turn you into ludicrous gibs.
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by CaveGirl »

FTR, Panic!, in case you were wondering, I wasn't on any drugs when you came out here to check out my cave. No illegal drugs anyway. My Neurontin makes me loopy as hell though, as I'm sure you noticed when I fell in the woods multiple times :oops: :lol:. As for my 2 companions....well...can't say the same for those guys.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: Train Hopping

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Panic investigated your hole?
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

Damn straight I did.

Cavegirl, you guys were fine, and thanks for letting me and my friend double team your holes.

I see no innuendos there.
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by CaveGirl »

crazydrummerdude wrote:Panic investigated your hole?
Yep, last Monday I think? He said you'd gone home for the weekend or something & brought a guy from school out with him. My gay roommate thought the friend was hot :) and apparently stared at him while driving those 2 back to their car later on :oops:. Just think--that could've been YOU he was flirting with!

You can still come out sometime if you want. Be warned--we're slightly "eccentric" I guess you'd call it & I'm outrageously clumsy. I also talk a lot when I meet new people.
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by CaveGirl »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:Damn straight I did.

Cavegirl, you guys were fine, and thanks for letting me and my friend double team your holes.

I see no innuendos there.
Whew, I thought we'd scared you guys off with our weirdness. Did you catch that part in my last post about the gay dude thinking your buddy was hot? Your buddy doesn't happen to swing that way, does he?

I'll be up for more caving in a week or two. Gotta let my bad knee that I banged up falling into that big ass rock in the creek heal :x Hurts like a mofo, worse than when Dad ran over me & did the original damage. What in the hell did I DO to it???? That's gotta be from more than just hitting the rock.
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by CaveGirl »

Also, my friend we went to see thought your buddy was hot. She's married & slightly insane though, so warn him to stay away from that one. It's not worth it.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

What's with this hot buddy?!
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

Man nobody thinks Im hot? Fuck that shit. Not even a gay guy? Damn my options are limited.
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by CaveGirl »

crazydrummerdude wrote:What's with this hot buddy?!

Why, you want a piece now too?????

I didn't see it but apparently a couple of my friends did :roll:. I would've felt like an old perv if I'd been attracted to either of them.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

They're legal. Perv away!
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by CaveGirl »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:Man nobody thinks Im hot? Fuck that shit. Not even a gay guy? Damn my options are limited.
Sorry, no, not even the gay guy. That's gotta be a kick in the balls :lol:.