Underground Ozarks Forum Gallery Forum Blog
Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Sunflower Ammunition Plant
View previous topic | View next topic  
blindfire
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

Sunflower ammunition plant was closed in 1992. Thery burned most the buildings causing a spestis to grow. What ive heard is when they started to tear down all the stuff green ooze was coming out of the concrete. and grey dust. And workers had violent headaches and skin blisters. I went there and it was pretty torn up. It was really really cool though. tons of coyotes.

Last visited on 8/27/10. I'm Goin back soon for more photos and to explore more. ill ahve two photos up soon. Ask me anything you want to know about the plant anns ill try to answer your questions.

sunflower 3.jpg
 Description:
little box car
 Filesize:  10.88 KB
 Viewed:  10041 Time(s)

sunflower 3.jpg

evacaute.JPG
 Description:
Sign in one of the buildings. We found these signs in all the building usually by the time the siren went off you wouldn't of had time to get out of the building i heard from a source.
 Filesize:  22.21 KB
 Viewed:  436 Time(s)

evacaute.JPG

sunflower[1].JPG
 Description:
Plant from above
 Filesize:  76.34 KB
 Viewed:  484 Time(s)

sunflower[1].JPG

bomb shelters.jpg
 Description:
Bomb Shelters
 Filesize:  87.52 KB
 Viewed:  669 Time(s)

bomb shelters.jpg

control center.jpg
 Description:
control center
 Filesize:  85.67 KB
 Viewed:  1073 Time(s)

control center.jpg

control valves.jpg
 Description:
control valves
 Filesize:  81.91 KB
 Viewed:  533 Time(s)

control valves.jpg

cooling tank.jpg
 Description:
cooling tank
 Filesize:  78.39 KB
 Viewed:  978 Time(s)

cooling tank.jpg

edgerton road entrance communacation tower.jpg
 Description:
Entrance i came in by the communication towers.
 Filesize:  64.64 KB
 Viewed:  529 Time(s)

edgerton road entrance communacation tower.jpg

heating house.jpg
 Description:
Heating house
 Filesize:  81.13 KB
 Viewed:  473 Time(s)

heating house.jpg

Machine shop.jpg
 Description:
machine shop
 Filesize:  92.55 KB
 Viewed:  490 Time(s)

Machine shop.jpg

smoke stacks.jpg
 Description:
smoke stacks
 Filesize:  63.01 KB
 Viewed:  451 Time(s)

smoke stacks.jpg

sunflower 2.jpg
 Description:
some little houses
 Filesize:  44.05 KB
 Viewed:  503 Time(s)

sunflower 2.jpg

smoking area.jpg
 Description:
Smoking area
 Filesize:  74 KB
 Viewed:  1047 Time(s)

smoking area.jpg

sunflowerArmy05.jpg
 Description:
Big building
 Filesize:  81.75 KB
 Viewed:  633 Time(s)

sunflowerArmy05.jpg

sunflowerArmy12.jpg
 Description:
more buildings
 Filesize:  73.97 KB
 Viewed:  2749 Time(s)

sunflowerArmy12.jpg

crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Locations: St. Louis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

Sweet!
VBJag
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Locations: Ourcansass

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: RE: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

I knew I had seen these pictures somewhere before.

http://scotthaefner.com/photos/place/Sunflower+Army+Ammunition+Plant/2321/

Second they haven't burned all the plant like you said they have in the other thread. I can't find any news article anywhere talking about it. Yes they've done controlled burns in the past but they just didn't burn the majority of the plant.

Obviously you're a fraud. So come clean. Are you a cop? I hope an undercover cop would at least spell correctly.

Dumbass.
blindfire
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

dude i know they havent. and dude i also know yes i did get those pics from him exept one. and fuck no im not a cop. why would some one try to catch kids on a fuckin website for abandond shit. they have bigger issues to worry about then some kids breaking in to some govt shit. and yes i have been there and no the burn didnt cause the spectist. it was the wall incilation shit they used. it like was flammable and shit.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Locations: The 918 Area

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

blindfire wrote:
why would some one try to catch kids on a fuckin website for abandond shit. they have bigger issues to worry about then some kids breaking in to some govt shit.

You would be surprised....

blindfire
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

thats stupid, there making the plant into a huge park anyways..
VBJag
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

blindfire wrote:
dude i know they havent. and dude i also know yes i did get those pics from him exept one. and fuck no im not a cop. why would some one try to catch kids on a fuckin website for abandond shit. they have bigger issues to worry about then some kids breaking in to some govt shit. and yes i have been there and no the burn didnt cause the spectist. it was the wall incilation shit they used. it like was flammable and shit.

Sorry but can someone translate this into english for me? Thanks...
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

Jags&Pointers wrote:
blindfire wrote:

Sorry but can someone translate this into english for me? Thanks...

I can probably do that. I read bad 9th grade essays all the time. But it's not really worth your time. Dude.

VBJag
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

BROUSER wrote:

I can probably do that. I read bad 9th grade essays all the time. But it's not really worth your time. Dude.

Ha I never wrote like that.

But this brings me to my next point
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Locations: The Four States

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

blindfire wrote:
If you get caught just tell the po-po that you're a wetback and they'll let you go immediately.
intrigurdbysunflower
0-99 Poster
Member for: 3 years, 11 months0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: RE: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

I'm new to this site just joined today, I live in Lawrence and have a friend that actually lives in clearview city which was built for employees, my dad used to work there long before I was born, some of the things I was told, now understand that I really want to explore this vast area so bad its not even funny but according to my dad, the soil is contaminated with the likes of, mercury, lead, arsenic, cyanamide, and nitroglycerine was all used out there, and all sorts of other things. My dad told me this place is roughly 3 miles long and 4-5 miles deep, iiv pulled picture s off Google and asked him about this place and he said he would like to talk about it, there is still tons of activity, I would be least worried about getting caught, cause I would derb out, but arsenic, mercury, cyanamide and all the other stuff out there aint no joke, if there's any buildings you want identifoff send me an email with the pictures and ill ask my dad about them, he worked there for like 15 years and knows that place like the back of his hand. explore carefully, happy hunting
Cade
0-99 Poster
Member for: 1 year, 6 months0-99 Poster

Locations: Kansas City, Huntsville AL

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: RE: Sunflower Ammunition Plant Reply with quote

My friend and I have been exploring Sunflower a lot lately. Many of the buildings have been torn down, but you can find what is left on google maps. The area in the north that has a ton of identical looking buildings is boring, they're all changing houses, and empty. The old power-plant (3 smokestacks) is pretty cool, and there is some stuff in the warehouses just north of it. There aren't any hazardous chemicals (that we've found), but all the silver/grey tiles on the buildings are in fact made of asbestos. If you plan to explore the place a lot, I'd recommend getting a 3M 6000 series respirator with P100 particulate filters (cost around $15 online, are reusable, and work for dust, mold, asbestos, almost anything that isn't pure gas). Be careful as the place is patrolled by cops every so often. There are also a few farmers who have fields out there, so be sure to park somewhere hidden. It's by far the largest and most impressive place I've explored. If you go there, please don't start any fires, only take a few things from the warehouse, and don't get caught. I'll try to post pictures, I keep forgetting to take them when I'm out there.

Jump to:  

Page 1 of 1