Finally People Don't Have To Look Underground For Satanists

You can talk about anything here
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Finally People Don't Have To Look Underground For Sa

Post by BagHead727 »

Nicotti wrote: Fuck Islam, since it doesn't work within the framework of 'free societies'. [/size]
aka "That Guy"
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Finally People Don

Post by Nicotti »

BagHead727 wrote:I agree with Nicotti, fuck Islam. We need Donald Trump as president so we can exterminate all of the Muslims. HEIL TRUMP!
I would prefer we have a primaries 'do over' and get new candidates for both parties. Even the 3rd party candidates suck this year. Granted I voted for Gary Johnson 4 years ago, but I'm not particularly impressed with him this election.

And don't be putting words in my mouth. I don't have the hate behind it or the close-mindedness for 'Fuck Islam', I just don't think Islam integrates into free societies, such as America and western Europe. If they can figure out a way to successfully do so en-mass and as individuals without destroying our values in the process then I have no problem with them.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

I hate to say it, but I see parallels in America with post WW1 Germany, and it scares me.

https://youtu.be/jFICRFKtAc4

-Ayn Rand
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Nicotti wrote: I just don't think Islam integrates into free societies, such as America and western Europe. If they can figure out a way to successfully do so en-mass and as individuals without destroying our values in the process then I have no problem with them.
I think you mean fundamental Islam, not Islam as practiced by the majority. But the same thing can be said for fundamental Christianity. It has no place in a free society, either.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

BROUSER wrote:
Nicotti wrote: I just don't think Islam integrates into free societies, such as America and western Europe. If they can figure out a way to successfully do so en-mass and as individuals without destroying our values in the process then I have no problem with them.
I think you mean fundamental Islam, not Islam as practiced by the majority. But the same thing can be said for fundamental Christianity. It has no place in a free society, either.
Agreed.

It's kind of like how the Catholic Church, before they were known for raping children, were known for persecuting intellectuals and other free people of the world. In addition to raping children. But the Catholic Church has chilled out a lot and now only focuses on raping children. Which is progress when you consider they were probably raping even more children 500-600 years ago.

So basically, Islam is just still stuck in the dark ages. Once that religion advances 500-600 years, then they too will stop being so intolerable, like the Catholic Church has done. But as it is right now, it's still pretty backwards/barbaric and intolerable. So is the Catholic Church, but they've had time to refine and adapt to free and civilized society.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

Nicotti wrote:I'm Christian, but I'm also for a separation of church and state, critical thinking, not teaching religion in secular schools, and people being allowed to believe or not believe in whatever deities they want*. So I don't really mind that they are doing this.

Don't be confused by the quote, atheism can't actually be a religion since religion is the belief in a higher power or god(s) and atheism is disbelief or lack of belief in higher powers or god(s). I've also heard atheists make this argument before too, I believe the Amazing Atheist has said it.
So I found out through Facebook I know someone in TST. The answer to whether they consider it to be a religion seems to be that they honestly consider it to be a religion. Their definition of religion is different than yours. They think it simply needs a coherent philosophy and provide for its member's needs. He was saying one of their challenges right now is that Atheists think the group is just a bunch of Atheists trolling Christians. So they join, they go out and troll Christians, then they get all confused when the members of the group are upset at them.

It does sound like the political side is very calculated though. He talked about how they work very hard to come up with challenges that will actually cause change. Like when they installed the Baphomet statue, Atheists in general started pushing them to put female breasts on the statue, but they actually wanted to challenge the religious monuments in the capital, so they made the smarter choice of putting something purely religious that couldn't be deemed obscene.

I don't know what religion should be defined as personally. I've always used Nicotti's definition, but I don't lose anything by them having another definition. I don't really care what counts as religion. I also don't think it should matter if the group is religious or not. If Christian Bible Studies get access to state owned property, then that shouldn't be a special privilege. Pretty much everyone willing to follow school policy should be allowed at that point, whether it's underwater basket weaving, gossip club, or dress up like a wizard club, I really don't care. You let one group in, let them all in.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Finally People Don't Have To Look Underground For Satani

Post by RedRook »

Except we can't have "Dress In a Burqa Club." Fuck them. Hail Blonde Haired Satan.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

SubLunar wrote: So basically, Islam is just still stuck in the dark ages. Once that religion advances 500-600 years, then they too will stop being so intolerable, like the Catholic Church has done. But as it is right now, it's still pretty backwards/barbaric and intolerable. So is the Catholic Church, but they've had time to refine and adapt to free and civilized society.
That's oversimplifying Islam. Too many people do that. Catholics are Christians. So are members of Westboro Baptist church, Christian Identity, World Church of the Creator, and Church of God with Signs Following. Some schools of Islam thought are more violent and backward and oppressive than others, some are more progressive. Those who ascribe to "Islamism" (don't you just hate isms?") want all economic and government power to be determined by religion. Not much different than the folks who want to put God back into the American government, despite the wishes of the founding fathers. But there are also Liberal Muslims who "believe in greater autonomy of the individual in interpretation of scripture, a critical examination of religious texts, gender equality, human rights, LGBT rights and a modern view of culture, tradition, and other ritualistic practices in Islam." It's as confusing as trying to sort out Christianity, and the names area lot harder to keep track of because they are so unfamiliar.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

BROUSER wrote:
SubLunar wrote: So basically, Islam is just still stuck in the dark ages. Once that religion advances 500-600 years, then they too will stop being so intolerable, like the Catholic Church has done. But as it is right now, it's still pretty backwards/barbaric and intolerable. So is the Catholic Church, but they've had time to refine and adapt to free and civilized society.
That's oversimplifying Islam. Too many people do that. Catholics are Christians. So are members of Westboro Baptist church, Christian Identity, World Church of the Creator, and Church of God with Signs Following. Some schools of Islam thought are more violent and backward and oppressive than others, some are more progressive. Those who ascribe to "Islamism" (don't you just hate isms?") want all economic and government power to be determined by religion. Not much different than the folks who want to put God back into the American government, despite the wishes of the founding fathers. But there are also Liberal Muslims who "believe in greater autonomy of the individual in interpretation of scripture, a critical examination of religious texts, gender equality, human rights, LGBT rights and a modern view of culture, tradition, and other ritualistic practices in Islam." It's as confusing as trying to sort out Christianity, and the names area lot harder to keep track of because they are so unfamiliar.
I realize I oversimplified slightly, but I did the same to Catholicism just to keep it even. I've never personally known someone who ascribes to Islam but anyone who thinks women need to be covered in burkas and are not allowed to be equal members of society can go fuck themselves. For clarification, I also believe all other religious zealots can go fuck themselves, regardless of which spiritual leader touches them. Inappropriately.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

Yeah, I was in an argument on one of these posts with a guy claiming that Christians were prevented from starting after school groups all the time. Finally, he added the fact that he meant Christian Identity churches. Here's a picture of a couple of their members. I have a feeling the deciding factor barring this group had nothing to do with them being Christian.
Attachments
SPLC-Christian-Identity.jpg
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

RedRook wrote:
Nicotti wrote:I'm Christian, but I'm also for a separation of church and state, critical thinking, not teaching religion in secular schools, and people being allowed to believe or not believe in whatever deities they want*. So I don't really mind that they are doing this.

Don't be confused by the quote, atheism can't actually be a religion since religion is the belief in a higher power or god(s) and atheism is disbelief or lack of belief in higher powers or god(s). I've also heard atheists make this argument before too, I believe the Amazing Atheist has said it.
So I found out through Facebook I know someone in TST. The answer to whether they consider it to be a religion seems to be that they honestly consider it to be a religion. Their definition of religion is different than yours. They think it simply needs a coherent philosophy and provide for its member's needs. He was saying one of their challenges right now is that Atheists think the group is just a bunch of Atheists trolling Christians. So they join, they go out and troll Christians, then they get all confused when the members of the group are upset at them.

It does sound like the political side is very calculated though. He talked about how they work very hard to come up with challenges that will actually cause change. Like when they installed the Baphomet statue, Atheists in general started pushing them to put female breasts on the statue, but they actually wanted to challenge the religious monuments in the capital, so they made the smarter choice of putting something purely religious that couldn't be deemed obscene.

I don't know what religion should be defined as personally. I've always used Nicotti's definition, but I don't lose anything by them having another definition. I don't really care what counts as religion. I also don't think it should matter if the group is religious or not. If Christian Bible Studies get access to state owned property, then that shouldn't be a special privilege. Pretty much everyone willing to follow school policy should be allowed at that point, whether it's underwater basket weaving, gossip club, or dress up like a wizard club, I really don't care. You let one group in, let them all in.
Very enlightening.

Just a note: my definition of religion was pulled from an online dictionary, so if they have a different definition, maybe they have something other than 'religion' but are calling it that cause there isn't a better word, they don't know a better word, or they want to be identified by others as a religion.

-Ayn Rand
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

SubLunar wrote:
BROUSER wrote:By this logic...
None of those things you mentioned follow the same logic because the person is still recognizable with those things on.

Walk into any store wearing a ski mask, halloween mask, etc, and let me know how it goes.
Since you asked, I wear my motorcycle helmet in stores all the time with no problems. Also, I've literally never seen someone wear a burka in public. Didn't know that was a thing in the "civilized" world...
aka "That Guy"
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

At least in the Midwest, I think you're more likely to see burkas in public when you're closer to cities. I've seen a few at gas stations and shops closer to St. Louis and every now and then at the Walmart in Rolla. Do you flip-up your helmet visor when you walk into stores?

We've all seen already that critical thinking in society has been undermined by politically-correct agendas, which have enabled minority groups (not in terms of only race or religion) to act as they see fit with social impunity, and total disregard for the rule of law and the wellbeing of others. Especially today, it is important that the government (and private citizens) honor American Muslims' desire to practice Islam in their homes and communities, but all involved should be reminded that the purpose of fostering cultural openness is to merge ideologies and cultural values, not preserve them in original form resulting an imminent point of conflict. The phrase "melting pot" comes to mind, and fortunately, the Islam that's practiced here in the US is (obviously) very different from the Islam that's practiced in Arab nations today, which is, in my personal experience, plagued by fatalism and thus a minimal value of human life. In contrast, the individual has rights and social value in America, and Islam that grows in such a culture preaches a far less rigid and bleak relationship with god and man. American Islam has made generally amicable progress so far... I just hope that political correctness doesn't undo those efforts by defending (or worse, advocating) the fatalist, humanity-devaluing aspects of the original religion.
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Damn that's well written.

Edit: as far as the rest of what I was writing, eh nevermind.
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

mindwaave wrote:At least in the Midwest, I think you're more likely to see burkas in public when you're closer to cities. I've seen a few at gas stations and shops closer to St. Louis and every now and then at the Walmart in Rolla. Do you flip-up your helmet visor when you walk into stores?
I have honestly seen several burkas in public here in Springfield, but not much anywhere else in the surrounding area. A few months ago, I had to go to the Mercy Health ER to get tested for penicillin allergy, and while I was in the waiting room, a Muslim couple sat directly across from me, and for about an hour, proceeded to stare pretty hardcore at the eyeball-in-a-triangle tattoo on my leg, most likely thinking I was some kind of witch or devil-worshiper, and that I would be burned at the stake or have my head chopped off back home in the Middle East. Yet, some part of me also found the burka girl hot, and that while waiting for my appointment, I should see if I could get in a quickie with her before also banging the nurse.
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.