Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: spanish caves

Post by piplnr65656 »

Sertile wrote:Hey, before you go take look at this:

http://www.themessagetree.com/jan2002/spanishcave.jpg

It's the only picture I could find of Old Spanish Cave, but these are the gates you come to en route to the cave. Do they look familiar? Did you have to go down any stairs or cross a footbridge to get there?
Yes that is the gate. About 50 foot from the gate is a big hole in the fence you can drive threw to get around the gate. I never walked across a foot bridge or up any stairs.
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Post by RaccoonCC »

Well ,the caves have to be pretty close to each other then, because that's where we entered to get into the other cave.
I'm not good I'm not nice i'm just right. I'm witch...You're the world.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: spanish caves

Post by piplnr65656 »

We went to the spanish caves and now we are very confused. The cave was right and we think the car was the one outside the cave. We do not remember the concret stairs, the log bridge of the parking area and foundation walls. We were thinking about it and everytrip we ever took there started at a party so we were normaly drunk and/or stoned :oops: But I do remember a deep hole in a cave that we dropped a flashlight and a road flair down so now i am asking around and trying to find that one. What is with all the candles in the cave and what dumb fuck tryed to make a camp fire in the cave? I bet that didnt last long.
Attachments
Picture 207a.jpg
Picture 207a.jpg (88.42 KiB) Viewed 9741 times
Thank to who ever left the  chair.
Thank to who ever left the chair.
Picture 218a.jpg (85.23 KiB) Viewed 9741 times
the car?
the car?
Picture 222a.jpg (66.09 KiB) Viewed 9741 times
Last edited by piplnr65656 on Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Post by mjames »

Wow, that outside looks alot different in the daytime. Seems alot bigger...stupid night-time. Nice pics.
Back in Black!
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Haha, I totally sat in that chair. That thing behind you is called Rebecca's Well, by the way. I still want to explore that crack in the ceiling. I got the map, and whoever drew it didn't even bother trying to crawl up there. It's just dotted lines.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Post by mjames »

I'm surprised that the person mapping it didn't try. I understand why we didn't try it last time, but i would be up for crawling up there. I say next time we can go, let's go for it!
Back in Black!
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Sertile wrote:Haha, I totally sat in that chair. That thing behind you is called Rebecca's Well, by the way. I still want to explore that crack in the ceiling. I got the map, and whoever drew it didn't even bother trying to crawl up there. It's just dotted lines.
Probly the same reason I did'nt. I climbed up there and went back till I got my knees wet and i said fuck this. Someone has left some spray paint marks back there so someone has been there. Parts of the cave are collapsing. I found some beer cans and a piece of carpet that were half under a very large rock and when we were trying to slid down into one of the holes in the first room we heard a loud smack as something hit the floor :shock:
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Post by mjames »

There are many parts of that cave where i don't trust the ceiling. So far as that upper crawl space goes, seeing as it's the newest part of the cave, i think it's rather safe.
Back in Black!
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I can verify that the car in the picture has been sitting in that spot for at least 3 years. Beyond that, I'm not sure.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

That car has probably been there for the past 15 years... who knows lol!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by newbie »

I can verify that that car has been there for many years. I graduated from Reeds Spring, so in high school we were there quite a bit.
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

Hahhaha...so did I.
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by newbie »

Yea when? In grad. in 93
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Former User #2 »

Ive always wanted to see old spanish cave........can you guys give me some directions............there are directions in this forum but i dont get if they are to old spanish cave or not............and is it a place you wanna go incognito? or is it ok to go.......i remimber in high school me an my ozarks teacher was gonna go but i remimber him sayin whoever owned the land was an ass............appreciate the help in advance