Bannister Mall

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Bannister Mall

Post by BROUSER »

I just heard from my sis in law up there in your neighborhood. She had her jeep stolen last night. She went to the new Wal-mart and when she came out it was gone. She said when the old wal mart closed a lot of the bad element went to the new wm.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

if you ask me wal mart is a bad element
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Barracuda
Saucy
Saucy

Post by Barracuda »

BROUSER wrote:I just heard from my sis in law up there in your neighborhood. She had her jeep stolen last night. She went to the new Wal-mart and when she came out it was gone. She said when the old wal mart closed a lot of the bad element went to the new wm.
what new blahmart? did i miss something?
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Beats me. I've never been up to see her. Go see her for me, will ya? She works at Olive Garden.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

Barracuda wrote:what new blahmart? did i miss something?
The one that now resides where the Blue Ridge mall once existed.
I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary.

Aka Gringo Loco on KcUrbex.org and UER
Watcher
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Bannister Mall

Post by Watcher »

Well, I went out there yesterday and filled a couple memory sticks. I don't think the folks who are still there were too happy with me taking pictures of stuff, but at least I didn't get my camera confiscated or anything.

It is sad to see it in the condition its in. They have the north part of the mall totally blocked off - You can see it from the flea market but can't really get to it without getting in all kinda trouble. Pity, too as that might have been more interesting.
"Oh, poor Watcher. Did your life flash before your eyes? Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea..."
- Spike, "BTVS"
ImAWalkingCorpse
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Bannister Mall

Post by ImAWalkingCorpse »

Watcher wrote:Well, I went out there yesterday and filled a couple memory sticks. I don't think the folks who are still there were too happy with me taking pictures of stuff, but at least I didn't get my camera confiscated or anything.

It is sad to see it in the condition its in. They have the north part of the mall totally blocked off - You can see it from the flea market but can't really get to it without getting in all kinda trouble. Pity, too as that might have been more interesting.
I was up there on Tuesday evening and most everyone was very cool and a few of the folks I even knew. However I did encounter one guy who was quite unhappy that I was taking pictures. I told him to mind his own business and that I was taking pictures because I can. It was awful though, the escalator hadn't been turned on in a while and was filthy. Hopefully it doesn't stand for too long before it is demolished.
CasperMilkToast
Bearer of Man-Thong
Bearer of Man-Thong

Post by CasperMilkToast »

Apparently it is now closed: http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/new ... etail.html I especially like this part:
"Flink said Bannister Mall is closed and there are no surprises left, except for one final detail.

"Security will stay in place. Anyone trying to break in will be in for a big surprise," Darnell said."
It's almost like they know we talked about it or something
ImAWalkingCorpse
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

CasperMilkToast wrote:Apparently it is now closed: http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/new ... etail.html I especially like this part:
"Flink said Bannister Mall is closed and there are no surprises left, except for one final detail.

"Security will stay in place. Anyone trying to break in will be in for a big surprise," Darnell said."
Yep... if they had actually done that while the mall was open, the mall might not be completely shut down.
Watcher
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Watcher »

CasperMilkToast wrote:Apparently it is now closed: http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/new ... etail.html I especially like this part:

Probably saw some weird guys in there taking pictures of stuff... :roll:
"Oh, poor Watcher. Did your life flash before your eyes? Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea..."
- Spike, "BTVS"
ImAWalkingCorpse
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Watcher wrote:

Probably saw some weird guys in there taking pictures of stuff... :roll:
I can tell you the reason they said that was to keep the copper thieves away. That is the main reason.. if not only reason.
hearse driver
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: RE: Bannister Mall

Post by hearse driver »

ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:
Watcher wrote: Hopefully it doesn't stand for too long before it is demolished.
go f**k yourself ,shopping malls in thier abandoned glory are my life.......that is part of this hobby you know....
the're only homeless at night , during the day, there just outside....
''thats what happens , light out there , dark in here''- Slim Jim
''yes for the last time, i just put my fucking wheel on with a hammer....''
Watcher
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Bannister Mall

Post by Watcher »

Hearse Driver,

It was Imawalkingcorpse who posted that he hoped they demolished it.
- Spike, "BTVS"
Barracuda
Saucy
Saucy

Post by Barracuda »

haha..you little shit starter
"Now, get your hand back on your penis and resume jerking." -Fiti
hearse driver
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by hearse driver »

sorry the quote feature screwed up , im calm now.....
the're only homeless at night , during the day, there just outside....
''thats what happens , light out there , dark in here''- Slim Jim
''yes for the last time, i just put my fucking wheel on with a hammer....''