Any new places?

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
tunajive
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Any new places?

Post by tunajive »

Anybody got any ideas on places to explore? I haven't come across much lately and was wondering if anyone had any places that caught their eye.

-Matt
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

RE: Any new places?

Post by memory_machine »

There's a fairly large abandoned train depot on the Landing that I noticed this last weekend. I want to go back and check it out, preferably this weekend.
tunajive
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by tunajive »

My foot is healing nicely thanks to my updated tetnis shot and antibiotics. So if I were to cut myself on a rusty piece of metal, now is the best time to do it! I'm down for at least one day this weekend.

-Matt
Slim Jim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Any new places?

Post by Slim Jim »

You guys been to E. St. Louis? During the day, I doubt the risk level is anywhere near as high as people make it out to be. And the buildings are wide open.

The abandoned mansion in north city is well worth seeing if you haven't already.

The boat we visited is worthwhile but not as great as expected. It was some kind of dredge.

Abandoned high school by the airport is probably in pristine condition but secure.

River Roads will be torn down soon, so visit it while you can...

How bout that downtown mall? It looks mostly if not all-abandoned from the outside, except that it still looks like the corridors are open to walking from the skyway system. Maybe you could get into some of the abandoned stores...

And don't forget the white trash ghetto YMCA. When we were there they had plenty of interesting stuff left. I think the old military base across the highway from there (where the new replacement YMCA is located) might have some abandoned buildings too. I haven't had a chance to swing by and look there.

If you like abandoned houses or neighborhoods that are simply missing, that part of Bridgeton just across 270 from the airport is worth a drive through, as well as other nearby areas near Fee Fee and McDonnell. But you guys probably already know about that stuff.

St. Louis UE abounds.

Or come up to Minneapolis and explore our crazy sandstone tunnels...there's almost always something going on up there.
Moo.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

How soon are they tearing down River Roads?
Slim Jim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Slim Jim »

White Rabbit wrote:How soon are they tearing down River Roads?
No clue, other than very soon. All I know is as of 3 weeks ago a banner was hung in several spots around the mall with the name of the construction company and some other info, the place was totally secured with boards and screws between doors and frames, etc. except for the one place we were able to get in, and the interior looked the same as always - I don't recall seeing much if any evidence of work being done inside.

A quick Googling doesn't reveal any new info either.

Any of you locals know their demo schedule?
Moo.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

I was told two to three months. My friend works for Pyramid, the company that owns it. It's to be an old folks home and some retail, I assume strip mall type buildings.