Jefferson Arms

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
archinstl
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

RE: Jefferson Arms

Post by archinstl »

Great photos!
What a shame it is like this. I attended a number of proms there while in HS and college (1960+/-).
In my opinion, it was the third fanciest hotel here in those days, behind only the Chase and the Coronado (on Lindell).
theyulelog
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by theyulelog »

Thank you! I know, it makes me so sad. Do you have any photos from then? I'm really interested in what it looked like back when it was super fancy and all.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Jefferson Arms

Post by SubLunar »

archinstl wrote:Great photos!
What a shame it is like this. I attended a number of proms there while in HS and college (1960+/-).
In my opinion, it was the third fanciest hotel here in those days, behind only the Chase and the Coronado (on Lindell).
have any photos??
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Jefferson Arms

Post by BagHead727 »

Idk if it's just me or what, but this seems like a legit place to have a party. A few friends + a couple cases of beer + a completely vacant 12 story building = one really interesting night. Although it also sounds like the perfect beginning to a horror movie.. Maybe I'm just weird, but this is now on my bucket list of things to do
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

There's other locations I could see being a party venue, this isn't one of em.

Yeah it would be a cool spot for one, but that's usually how places get trashed or sealed. Also, portions of it are alarmed.

So if people start partying here it will be just a matter of time before that ruins it for the rest of us.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Yeah I suppose. One other thing I just noticed is the water damage. The place is probably filled with mold as a consequence. Mold isn't really fun..
aka "That Guy"
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

You seemed to take a long/hard way in. Next time take Panic! with you. He can bend his way thru locked doors.

Did the construction lights in the ballroom still have power?
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
t7
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by t7 »

BagHead727 wrote:Idk if it's just me or what, but this seems like a legit place to have a party. A few friends + a couple cases of beer + a completely vacant 12 story building = one really interesting night. Although it also sounds like the perfect beginning to a horror movie.. Maybe I'm just weird, but this is now on my bucket list of things to do
Urbex isn't about partying. Reckless behavior like this is what gets people hurt or arrested, and buildings sealed up tight.

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints. If you want to get drunk, do it somewhere that won't lead to consequences for the rest of us.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

t7 wrote:Urbex isn't about partying. Reckless behavior like this is what gets people hurt or arrested, and buildings sealed up tight.

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints. If you want to get drunk, do it somewhere that won't lead to consequences for the rest of us.
Well isn't that one slippery slope. Please refrain from telling me what I should and shouldn't do. If I want to do something then I'll do it despite your irrelevant opinion. You're pretty quick to judge my intentions too. What, do you think I'm going to bring dozens of hoodlums here to get wasted and trash a historic building? Do you really think I want to get a place sealed up? No. I have more respect than that and think I'm competent enough to refrain from engaging in "reckless behavior" and "getting people hurt or arrested." The only way your slippery slope makes a lick of logical sense is under the assumption that I'm a complete retard committed to pissing on history. Frankly, that's insulting.
theyulelog
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by theyulelog »

BagHead727 wrote:Yeah I suppose. One other thing I just noticed is the water damage. The place is probably filled with mold as a consequence. Mold isn't really fun..

Tons of water damage. Tons of mold. Tons of bird poop and dead birds in certain areas. Lots of evidence of people there recently. This place was cool, but way too nasty for me to want to party there. Also probably not a good idea to be there without a respirator.
archinstl
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by archinstl »

Sorry - no photos from way back when (we did not have easily portable cameras yet...).
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

BagHead727 wrote:
t7 wrote:Urbex isn't about partying. Reckless behavior like this is what gets people hurt or arrested, and buildings sealed up tight.

Well isn't that one slippery slope. Please refrain from telling me what I should and shouldn't do. If I want to do something then I'll do it despite your irrelevant opinion. You're pretty quick to judge my intentions too. What, do you think I'm going to bring dozens of hoodlums here to get wasted and trash a historic building? Do you really think I want to get a place sealed up? No. I have more respect than that and think I'm competent enough to refrain from engaging in "reckless behavior" and "getting people hurt or arrested." The only way your slippery slope makes a lick of logical sense is under the assumption that I'm a complete retard committed to pissing on history. Frankly, that's insulting.
Moo

-Ayn Rand
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Nicotti wrote: Moo
A 14 page thread? Sorry but tl;dr.

But anyway, don't worry about me going to Jefferson. The place is a bit too deteriorated for my taste. It was just a cool idea.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

BagHead727 wrote: tl;dr
Speak English son, us old peeps don't speak in acronym, we prefer whole words.

-Ayn Rand
theyulelog
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by theyulelog »

[quote="Nicotti"
Did the construction lights in the ballroom still have power?[/quote]

No power. Everything was super dark. We came across one smaller room (one of the apartments) that had a ton of stuff like clothes, trash, and other people things in the doorway, and there was an unnatural light coming from it.. We didn't even go in to check it out, that's kind of when all of us were like "Nope nope nope we are done here."