anyone explore off of route 66? near Pacific/Gray Summit

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
C4D
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: anyone explore off of route 66? near Pacific/Gray Summit

Post by C4D »

ropingk wrote:If this is the guy I am thinking ( and i could be way wrong)he is ok but he is like totaly obsessed with them and id say he wont sell them at no price they will be there till he dyes then some body will fight over them
This is exactly right, most likely we are talking about the same guy. He will not sell and is obsessed and actually thinks he is going to restore all these some day.

but.... I did hear that his health condition is poor and he might have to move away from the trailer sometime soon.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

pretty sure it is I work with a couple guys who have really really nice classic rides---63 convertable impala 60 convertable impala 70 SS Chevelle and they have tryed to get parts and stuff and the guy is like NOPE they are MINE
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
C4D
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: anyone explore off of route 66? near Pacific/Gray Summit

Post by C4D »

that's crazy, I guess that explains why there are still original valve covers from 1960 Corvette still in place, stuff like that usually will not last a day in a junkyard.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

you know some of them odd things arnt being built and you have to find them it is hard and they usally have a REALLY high dolla put on them like a tri power air cleaner for almost $400 :|
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
the_p0ssum
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by the_p0ssum »

I don't know what reminded me of this, but I checked some online aerials and at least some of the cars are still there. Interestingly, the owner passed away in 2010 (at the age of 85!) and ownership of the properties (and the cars) passed to his daughter (who lives in Catawissa). Based on the aerial progression, a lot of them were removed by 2014 but there are still some sitting. Might be worth revisiting to see what's left.
the_p0ssum
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by the_p0ssum »

Also happened to find an old ad that mentions a location along old 66.