Legal Access to LEMP CAVE???

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
monkeyman
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Legal Access to LEMP CAVE???

Post by monkeyman »

Ok, I know that I keep dwelling on the LEMP cave. Sorry, its really been driving me nuts...LEMP CURSE!!! HAHAHA.

Anyway, a couple more questions to ask if anyone out there can help.

1. Is there a LEGAL way to be allowed to explore the LEMP CAVE???

Who currently owns the known access areas?

Potental current/former access areas would be...

a. Spiral stair access area in the parking lot accross from the brewery...is sealed with metal plate...probably easily removable.

b. Brewery entrance

c. Lemp Mansion former Basement entrance...they claim its been sealed up...don't know if I believe this.

d. DeMenil Mansion former Basement entrance...I have no information on this one other then it supposidly did exist at one time.

e. William Roche Home was also said to have an entrance in the basement into the cave...mentioned in the Lost Caves of St. Louis book. I don't know where this house is/was???
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

RE: Legal Access to LEMP CAVE???

Post by Chris »

All I know is that if you find a legal way in, please let me know.
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

Post by memory_machine »

My dad saw a show on PBS recently about St. Louis caves and Cherokee in particular. There is a geologist guy who goes down there several times a year for surveys and stuff, and he takes people with him on a first come, first serve basis. I'm not sure who it is, since I haven't seen the program. If you can figure that out, you may have your way in.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Legal Access to LEMP CAVE???

Post by ropingk »

hey i am with you on wanting to get in there I have been in there on the holoween thing but they dont do that anymore the way you got in then was the freight elevator that just took you stright down then after you walked around there was a real long set of stepts that took you out, both way are still there how easy it would be to just walk in and go to the cave i dont know, the complex is always busy with truck trafficduring the day if you went in the day time and acted like you belonged you could most likely check it out pretty good most of the space is rented out as storage or like lofts
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
caver
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by caver »

Ask your question here.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cavesofmo/
or here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mo_outdoo ... d=72891656
Some St Louis cavers may respond or let you know if it is a waste of time or plausible.
Just curious, why the interest in this particular cave?
Caving impaired,,,too old, too fat, don't care.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Legal Access to LEMP CAVE???

Post by ropingk »

Lots and lots of pretty cool history --the Story of the Lemps is awesome and tragic at the sametime they had so many ideas that were so far ahead of there time--the caverns are really more of a underground complex with awesome arches long walkways huge rooms that they stored ice from the frozrn river in I cant say for anyone else but for me it is the history and the monster size of the place
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead